Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

THE NOVEL TOURIST: ASYLUM


 

Lunch with the Novel Tourist of Philadelphia

October 2021

"The Novel Tourist" chose my book "Asylum" to read & review. After this group toured the old Pennhurst State School & Hospital in Spring City, we met up at the Spring Hollow Golf Club for an author's luncheon and lively chat. 

We discussed how a stolen pair of "Boots" sets off an unexpected chain of events, that leads the main character back into the asylum of his birth, where hidden secrets takes a deadly turn. 

 Here is an Asylum excerpt: 

"Don't go back there. You You have no idea how it's affected you. Just you bringing the boots here has me on edge. I think you should get rid of them. Burn them or something." 

"Seriously?" 

"Seriously." 

"No."

"Why not? She crossed her arms, mouth firmly set.

"Because I like them." He shoved a forkful of pancake into his mouth, chewing it slowly. 

"I was scared last night," she said. "Afraid in my own house and you were downstairs without a care in the world. You could hardly wake up."

"Well you still managed to wake me, didn't you?"

"Barely. If there had been a real emergency, I would've been on my own, or I would've had to call the cops."  

"I'm not getting rid of my boots," he said. Enough was enough. So much for keeping the peace.  "You're being paranoid."

Her sour expression changed to disbelief. Score one point for Kyle.

Author Tamera Lawrence

ASYLUM 

GHOSTS OF MAYFLOWER: A PENNHURST HAUNTING

PENNHURST GHOSTS OF MAYFLOWER 11

THE POND 

All the above books are available online at Amazon, Barnes & Nobel, Target, Walmart and other fine retailers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment