Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

THE SHINING


OVER the past weekend, I had the wonderful opportunity to explore Ocean City, Maryland. I visited the Princess Royale - an elegant hotel with an ocean view. 

But I couldn't help but think of the movie The Shining as I walked the elaborate, carpeted hallways. Everyone familiar with the movie can recall the moment when the boy - riding a big wheel- comes upon a set of twins at the end of the hallway - twins with a message. Throughout my tour of the hotel, this scene stood out in my mind.  



THE SHINING


And then I came upon a set of twins at the end of one of the halls. 
Sure enough, the twins had a special message for just me.
5th Floor hallway 
Message - Your vacation is ending. Chores await you at home. 


Longer view of hallway

In any event, being in this hotel made me recall one of my all time favorite movies.
 THE SHINING made its debut May 23, 1980 - how fitting.

Author Tamera Lawrence 




No comments:

Post a Comment